Tuesday 19 October 2010

Busy, busy ...

Been busy the last few months entertaining guests and now finally on with the renovations. Summer was scorchy hot and swimming in the sea until a few weeks ago - only recently begun to feel the cold, time to buy some Winter fioul and get those log burners installed.

Managed to get the deck finished before the warm weather set in, rather pleased with the results ...





The chiminee in the other room starting to come on ...


Also started on my main project for the Autumn, converting the chai into my new office.
Cut a hole in the wall for a window






And Steve came over and fitted a velux in place of the wriggly plastic rooflight and we started work on plasterboarding the ceiling and one of the walls inside.
Work in progress.


I'm now trying my hand at 'pierre apparente' (rendering allowing the stones to show through) of one of the internal walls. Tricky. Already managed to give myself a lime burn on one of my hands. Ouch - that stuff really hurts. :(

1 comments:

nathan said...

Nice blog, it looks like you project is coming on very well!
Ps. If you didnt know 'pierre apparente' in English is pointing.