Wednesday 3 December 2008

'Winter'

So, a little interlude while: we get on with integrating (I am less than good at this, my French is getting worse); I turn 40 (the shock of this greatly tempered by Mark & Helen & family visiting for a week); and a flying visit to the UK on business (I am granted a filthy English cold).

Harry has been bumped up to Secondary school - so far not too dramatic as he had got to know a few potential classmates from his new football team; so now Harry & Alf go to different schools. Both's spoken French coming along really well and relatively unfazed by spending 100% of their school time learning in a foreign language. Football matches have become rather sporadic mid-season, so we don't have to spend every weekend hollering on the touchline. Alfie is developing into a pretty deadly striker with a hattrick last Saturday (I missed it as I was flying back from Stansted). Harry hasn't had a match for a few weeks now but is still enjoying being a centre back.

We're still looking at houses with a view to buy. Seen absolutely heaps of overpriced, mad rubbish (houses with no garden; houses with a massive garden and a teeny, tiny house wedged in the corner; houses near stupidly busy roads etc blah blah). We do, however, know plenty of people who've bought reasonably priced characterful places, so all hope is not lost. Bev is masterminding the search and regularly spends a morning searching for the property that will be 'the one'.

The boys have started to learn to horse-ride and trot happily around the paddock on a brown & white pony called Cartel. Even Bev has had a go so I guess this means I have to learn now too - I'm a scaredy pants. :( The boys are very excited because Boubou, the terrier who lives with us, is having puppies in a few weeks - I think they are secretly hoping they'll be getting one.

Thinks I miss about the UK:
Cheddar
'Proper beer'
Chums

My little pony


My great big pony

0 comments: